Wednesday, January 27, 2010

ok - i'm posting again officially. hopefully i'll keep up with it a few times a week. it's a resolution after all. :)

last year was HUGE and now a small recap:

My Aunt passed away in a horrible car accident in February. It was a complete tragedy to my family. She is incredibly loved. The mentally handicap, I believe, can be a gift from God. I have never met a more innocent and sincere and happy person in my life. I love her deeply and am sad that Consta never had a chance to meet her.

My best friend married a wonderful, kind man in April.

Consta purposed to me a week later in a sculpture garden.

I graduated with my MA in May. Then - wedding planning began.

House shopping took over. After grueling it out for 2 months and seeing EVERY house in Baltimore we fell in love with a sweet little house in September. We walk away after we received the long list of repairs. Heartbroken we kept searching. We found an even better house in October and moved in at the beginning of November.

Our first project as new homeowners was to tear up carpet and lay hardwood floors on the second level. We tried, and realized that sometimes you just need help. Not everyone HAS to be incredibly handy. We hired someone.

Oh - and then there is the secret. I might tell you sometime. But the close of the year is something I will never forget.

It's crazy how beautiful and blessed a life can be, but it always seems to be balanced by something tragic. I get the need for balance. It's just a bummer though.